How did anyone think this was okay? Let’s break this advertisement down:
- Get ridiculously drunk.
- Turn up at work the next day.
- Magic juice makes the self induced alcohol poisoning go away!
- Continue on with life threatening job (Hi-la-ri-ous!)
A few points:
1) Australia already has a huge problem with alcohol culture.
2) Drink driving kills hundreds of Australians each year. Many drink drivers are caught the day after - Well after their final drinks.
3) No amount of over-the-counter hangover remedies is going to make it okay to drink irresponsibly and pretend you’re okay the next day.
Did anyone *seriously* think this campaign through? Did anyone think publicly promoting - in fact - ENCOURAGING irresponsible drinking behaviours was a good thing? Let alone furthering the unrealistic expectation you’ll just be fine the next day?
Appalling. I hope the ad standards board acts quickly and decisively on this ill thought out and irresponsible campaign.
If you feel just as strongly please make a complaint to the Advertising Standards Bureau http://www.adstandards.com.au/ and help get these ads pulled.